Sunday, March 13, 2011

Day 6 - A Stranger.

OOooH, Another Post the Next Day?
Ah, yes, Bored eyh?

I'm here to tell you about a stranger.

"A person whom one does not know; a person who is neither a friend nor an acquaintance."
- definition of 'Stranger' according to Wiktionary

Coming back to the definition, yes she is a person I did not know (not really anyway) and yes, she's neither my friend nor is she my acquaintance.
The truth is I've know this person my whole life.
So if I knew her my whole life then how was it that she was still a stranger?
Well, simply put, there would be days I would be thoroughly convinced I knew her and out of nowhere, she would make a decision and i'd be, "Whoa, hold up, who are you?
The truth is, she has most people fooled. Most people think they know who she is but in reality only a few do. A very select few. Yes, I am one of them, if that's a good or bad thing I've yet to find out.

I would like to claim that I knew her better than anyone in the world, however, many times I have stood corrected. There are people who know her better than she knows herself. Two of them in particular, and for this reason alone she loved them both. A little more than she loves herself, and that's not such a good thing is it?

I call her a stranger because she is no longer the person I knew while I was growing up. That girl was a dreamer, she had a brighter view on life, she loved fearlessly and fiercely. She had principles and she stood by them. Now, ... she's confused. The trials she has faced and is facing has made a little bitter, a little numb and a little angry.

Now, if only somebody would be kind enough to remind her of the girl she used to be and the woman she aspired to be, then she wouldn't be a stranger anymore.

Or since we never really are the people we were when we were growing up and not many of us actually turn out the way we hoped, maybe I could just learn to get to know her again.

Would you like to get to know me again?

2 comments: