Saturday, August 28, 2010

My Valentine

Good and sad,
Strange mixed feelings,
What a lopsided thing we've got.
I pull you closer,
You pull away,
Some things are strange,
'Cos you forgot

I say I love you,
You smile and laugh,
Maybe it's all in my head.
Then you say you love me,
Then you confuse me,
Still, I don't regret

Time passes slowly,
Still swiftly and then
I can't get out of bed.
Your moves are all cautioned,
Your thoughts go unspoken
I remember all that you've said

You pull me closer,
I stay in your arms,
Then, you walk away.
Find someone better,
Then you'll remember,
Why I refuse to stay

My heart still longing,
Your heart undecided,
As you lay your head next to mine.
We linger together,
No life ever after,
Tonight we will be fine.

Love always denied,
Like thieves, like a crime,
We hide ourselves away.
Love that won't falter,
Divided by water,
A river;
Feelings kept at bay.

Still we do linger
You are who is better.
My darling,
My Valentine.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment