Tuesday, November 23, 2010

In A Song

I was a lil girl
Building my dreams
When you came. You said hello.
Lil did I know
You'd be the path I chose
And life would bring me to your door

Years, they came and went
My dreams remained the same
My thoughts manifested thru hope
As you stood and spoke to me
Only, no one else could see
Our strange telepathy

So how do I go on
Knowing my dreams were made to break
Knowing you are the faith i cannot see
That you are what I believe
To be the truth that sets me free
My heartache's only remedy

You still watch me as I grow
Without asking you seem to know
Answers to questions I've yet to ask
You see me inside out
& I know without a doubt
Fate has chosen to cross our paths

That same destiny
Will be that deserts me
And leave me with no dreams and no past
You will kiss the tears away
As you say you can't stay
We were never made to last

And you,
Say we're alike
And we wouldve been right
Where have I been all along
Now there's nothing left to show
Nothing left to hide
Except memories of when you saw me
In a song

2 comments: