Monday, December 20, 2010

The Thief.

Did I ever tell you about my encounter with a thief?

It happened two years ago on a Saturday night. I walked into a crowded restaurant located somewhere in the heart of town, greeted by noise. The place was crowded and the high & emotions floating in the air made it a lot harder to steer through the crowd. I found my place at the corner of the bar still trying to see what was going on, to no avail. I weaved thru panic striken individuals to the centre of the room and saw him, dressed all in black. The thief.
He stood there, unfazed by the sea of people who stood before him, axe in his hand. With every move and strike of the axe he threatened them. Not realizing I was staring hard at him, I raised my eyes and was met by his gaze. Now, even I was in a state of panic - immobilised, frozen in one spot. Afraid to move, I stood transfixed in that position until the ruckus had stopped. When the ruckus stopped - we "awoke". Coming out of our trance-like state we continued with our business like nothing had happened, not understanding what had just taken place. He moved silently out of the room, and left the place. As far as I can recall, he managed to get away with one thing that night. Though no one else saw, that night he left with my heart.

1 comment: